Until not long ago, I didn’t use any Cataclysm gold guide to make money in WoW. I had my own few methods that allowed me to get enough gold to buy whatever I needed.
But when I decided to gather 40.000 gold for the Vial of the Sands mount, I realized that I really suck at making gold in this game. Also, since I didn’t have any gathering professions and was to lazy to level up any, getting this amount of gold was quite troublesome for me.
Since I didn’t want to buy gold from anyone and risk a permanent account ban, or ask my friends, the best solution appeared to be a Cataclysm gold guide. So, I got one.
It showed me numerous methods to make gold in WoW, through quests, using professions, Auction House brokerage, farming and many others. However, I will focus here on one simple method, which takes about 5 steps and doesn’t require you to have any profession.
You will be needing a minimum 40 level character, any class with any spec and that’s about it. Also, green, quest gear should do. You don’t need to have any professions.
The 5 Steps to Follow
1. Make a main city your home location. Orgrimmar, if you’re Horde, Stormwind City if you play Alliance. Or, basically any main city that has an Auction House.
2. Go to Tyr’s Hand in Eastern Plaguelands. Firstly, you’ll have to fly to Eastern Plaguelands, at Light’s Hope Chapel. If you don’t have this flight point discovered, it’s best to discover it now. This camp is located at (73,52) in Eastern Plaguelands. From there, move a little bit south, at the south-eastern corner of the zone and stop at Tyr’s Hand.
For Death Knights it’s very easy to get here. Just make yourself a portal to Ebon Hold, fly down, either to Light’s Hope Chapel or directly to the spot.
3. Kill Scarlet Archmages. Once you’re here, what you need to do it pretty much plain and simple. Start grinding on the mobs here, and focus on the Scarlet Archmages. They drop the formula for the Crusader enchantment which sells for up to 3000g. Other valuable items found on the loot table of the mobs at Tyr’s Hand are Mageweave Cloth and Essence of Undeath.
It usually takes me about one hour to get the Formula: Enchant Weapon – Crusader. However, the drop chances for it are pretty random. You can get 2-3 the first 10 minutes you get here, or one may not drop for the next 3 hours. It’s all about luck, but I do like this spot because it’s not a bad place to farm something valuable, without professions, while waiting in queue for an instance or battleground.
4. Heartstone to your main city. Once you get the recipe, just teleport home and go to the Auction House.
5. Auction your goods. And the last step of this brief, 5-step Cataclysm gold guide, auction your goods. As I said, the enchanting formula can be sold for up to 3000g. The Mageweave Cloth also go for up to 40g per stack.
Conclusion. This is not a bad way to farm decent gold without professions or without a maximum level character. However, it’s based on luck and the juice of the spot is the Crusader formula. Anyway, as I said there are many other great ways to make gold with or without professions in the Cataclysm gold guide I’ve been working with.